The Bishops’ Appeal Harvest Newsletter is now available here with stories of how your giving is making a difference in sub–Saharan Africa, the Middle East and South Asia. In particular, the newsletter highlights support for:
– maize farming cooperatives in Burundi, from the Diocese of Cork, Cloyne and Ross;
– ante–natal care and education in Burkina Faso;
– vulnerable people in Lebanon left at greater risk following the Beirut explosion;
– training and equipment for farmers in Nepal who were formerly bonded labourers;
– people struggling with the Covid–19 pandemic and lockdown in Uganda.
Two resources for Harvest are also promoted:
– Tearfund Ireland’s all–age Harvest service pack based on their work in Ethiopia, which is partly funded by Bishops’ Appeal.
Check out the video below for inspiration and encouragement: