Youth and Children’s Resources from Damien Shorten
Christianity Explored Ministries have recently made all of their courses available for free on YouTube (until 30th June 2020) for use during this current crisis. One of these courses is ‘Soul’, which is aimed at teenagers and young adults:
Here is the link to episode 1 of Soul, ‘Christianity is Christ’:
Here is the link to episode 2 of Soul, ‘Identity’:
Here is the link to episode 3 of Soul, ‘Mission’:
Here is the link to episode 4 of Soul, ‘Cross’:
Here is the link to episode 5 of Soul, ‘Resurrection’:
Here is the link to episode 6 of Soul, ‘Grace’:
As well as that, I wanted to make you aware of the a great book called If you could ask God one question by Paul Williams & Barry Cooper – the digital version (which could be read on a smartphone or tablet for example) of which has been made completely free. Here is the link, which will bring you to the Good Book Company website, where you can download the eBook for free: https://www.thegoodbook.
- CIYD have also made available digital copies of FUEL (bible reading resource) and Family Time (book of devotions for families), both of which can be downloaded from https://www.facebook.com/pg/CoIYD/posts/?ref=page_internal
- Scripture Union (Northern Ireland) have made lists of resources – Available from the Rector.
- LOGIC in Moira have provided a useful page, including a daily schedule (including prayer) and a weekly workout plan for young people – https://www.logicmoira.com/covid-19-resources?fbclid=IwAR0HpgNqQqDBIIlb9QSB7CPvG9IinI2RV_82_S1MlHafYMN_xDjUSqBhnts
- If anyone does decide to use Zoom, this video may be a help – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arIDQBALrEw&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0EItHVmWvxEbUzr0qgm3MzUHg7qPHeYQRrSb3Mg-cWdPcceQ3sUnb781U&app=desktop
- ‘Online discipleship in a time of isolation’ by Julie Moser – https://younganglicans.com/
- Rooted Minisry have a section of helpful articles – https://www.rootedministry.
- ‘For such a time as this…’ by Mel Lacy (Growing Young Disciples) – https://www.
- ‘5 Tips for not going to church’ by Andy Lamberton (Exodus NW) – https://nwdisciples.wordpress.
com/2020/03/21/5-tips-for-not- going-to-church/?fbclid= IwAR2C16_p-s- db0PTPo57vibgshNUPpvRDLAn6Jc1k jZo3aIGCrIHWSGMxgk
- Youthscape have a regularly updated ‘Coronaviurs: a youth ministry liveblog’ at https://www.youthscape.co.
uk/coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR0L– YhtBS- 3tfryVqrcBoZ1QXyNqYyf8jmJsqkuG 2S6fA1n5EQwiJcJRQ
Videos for children
- Play It By Ear – the drama group who will, D.V., be joining us for our Diocesan Schools Services in October – are recording online storytelling sessions (approx. 10 mins) each for children and families – https://www.facebook.com/
- Michael Tinker is doing a livestream show on Facebook for children each day at 11 am – https://www.facebook.com/
Videos for teenagers
- Exodus NW (who run mission teams which several young people from the diocese have been involved in) are uploading daily videos on the Psalms: ‘Schools Out, Bibles Out’ – https://www.facebook.com/
- ‘All Things Theology’: short videos introducing teenagers to theology, by Andrew Watson (youth worker in Ballyholme Parish, Down & Dromore) – https://www.youtube.com/
- Tamara Scott is writing a weekly resource – particularly for the Kildrumferton Group, but which she has kindly shared with others – which families can do at home based on what is in the cupboard. Available from the Rector in Sunday Club at Home’.
- Many children are familiar with Bible Time by Postal Bible School which is done in lots of our national schools. If you would like to receive a once-off lesson or more information about how to receive age-appropriate Bible worksheets (for ages 3 and upwards – including for adults!) to do at home, please contact Postal Bible School at email@example.com.
- Each Sunday in the Riverstown Group of Parishes, we use children’s worship bulletins from https://www.
childrensbulletins.com/. These require a subscription, but I’ve attached this Sunday’s bulletins as samples (based on the Lectionary). They have also made available some free resources – https://promotions2. childrensbulletins.com/bwb/ emails/6838/index.html
- FaithInKids have made available a series of 5 lessons on ‘The Wonder of Easter’ for families to use – https://faithinkids.org/
- Illustrated Ministry are providing ‘free, weekly faith formation resources for all ages’ – https://www.
illustratedministry.com/ flattenthecurve?fbclid= IwAR07vvMz4_ xlF8eizO0G0LF68zjHbXDPF- hpvIPC-7te9Yot9Z2slF1ZJCE
- ROOTS are providing weekly resources, particularly for worship at home – https://www.rootsontheweb.com/